Wednesday, September 30, 2009

TEQUILA = CHAOS

last night, as always, i was over at a friend's house yet last night was a different night from any other night.

the night started as routine. as usual, me and my friends were deciding what we'd like to eat. we decided to have cake so we drove to contis in greenhills to get some. we had our cakes to go. when we got back over at my friend's house, my bestfriend's wife was there, waiting. whilst eating our cakes, my bestfriend's wife was insisting that we drink alcohol. she was badly craving for it. we gave in. we were wanting beer but my bestfriend's wife wanted hard liquor. she wanted that we drink tequila. oh crap! this is shit waiting to happen, i thought to myself. we gave her what she wanted.

the drinking session was pretty okay for the first few hours but when the alcohol kicked in, especially for my bestfriend's wife, things kinda got out of hand. she started to breakdown and started to talk. she said, for the past few weeks she's been having difficulty dealing with my bestfriend. they would fight frequently over so many things and never seem to resolve any of it. our female friends were trying to comfort her as she cried her feelings out. i asked her where my bestfriend's at now. she said he went driving around the neighborhood with one of our friends. a few minutes later, they arrived. as they went in, my bestfriend saw his wife crying. this kinda pissed him off so he went out again. i followed him. i have very good faith in my bestfriend. heck, i've known him all my life so im pretty keen in hearing his side of the story. i asked him what the fuck is wrong. he told me to just forget it. he didn't want to involve any of us with his marital problems. i said what the fuck. i told him that it would be very unfair to him if he didn't speak out. he insisted that i just forget about it. then i told him this;

"you know what, problema kasi sayo hindi ka vocal eh. no wonder walang na reresolve sa inyong dalawa. nag papatong patong lang issues nyong mag asawa kasi kahit isa walang resolution. nag iipon lang kayo ng problema!"

then he spoke. he said i was right about him not being vocal. then he started to vent out. he started to cry as well. this was the first time that i've seen him so vulnerable. misery was etched all over his face. he told me his side of the story. we were talking for merely twenty minutes when her wife passed by us. i asked her where she was going. she said she was going home. i followed her home.

when we got there, she went straight to their bedroom. i set modesty aside and followed her there. she started putting clothes in a bag. i asked her to sit down for a minute so we could talk. she said she doesn't want to talk anymore. she's too overwhelmed. she just continued packing her things. a female friend arrived a few minutes later. she asked my bestfriend's wife where she's planning to go. it was around 3 in the morning that time. my bestfriend's wife answered that she just wants to disconnect for some time. she wouldn't tell us where she's planning to go. we were begging her to tell us but she just wouldn't tell. i was starting to get pissed so i opted to just go out and back to my friend's house.

when i got back to my friend's house, my bestfriend was already inside talking to our other friends. he was telling his side of the story. he seemed a bit okay now. a little time later, the female friend who also followed my bestfriend's wife came back. she was pissed as hell. she was furious. i asked her what happened. she said that my bestfriend's wife left already and that there was nothing she could do to make her stay. my bestfriend got alarmed. as he was about to stand up and go out, another female friend received a text message. it was from my bestfriend's wife saying that we need not to worry. she was going somewhere safe. she said she just wanted some time alone to think things over. i could just see the worry on my bestfriend's face. he said, maybe this is what they need for now. some space and time to think things over. we all agreed. we asked the female friend who received the text message from my bestfriend's wife to check up on her frequently because we doubt if my bestfriend's wife would directly speak to my bestfriend. she obliged.

after some more talk, we called it a night. as i was about to go out and head home, my bestfriend asked me and another friend if we could stay over with him at home for the night. he said he didn't feel like being alone. i felt really bad for him so i did. our friend did as well. when we got inside his place, a note was left on one of the counters. it was from his wife. it says;

"i just wish you realize how much i mean to you!"

i guess i was right, tequila was shit waiting to happen.

7 comments:

Eternal Wanderer... said...

Hell, yeah.

Tequilla makes you do things you won't even dare say in a confessional box ;)

Hey, thanks for leaving a comment on post. I added you up in my links, if you don't mind :D

Chyng said...

Can I just comment on your list?
17. i'm a sucker for kid shows. i can stay tuned on a kiddie channel for hours.

18. i tend to have more pee breaks than most people. i think i need flomax.
-- pareho tayo sa mga yan!
At pano nangyare yung 16 whale sharks?! I'd love to try that too!

Chyng said...

Can I just comment on your list?
17. i'm a sucker for kid shows. i can stay tuned on a kiddie channel for hours.

18. i tend to have more pee breaks than most people. i think i need flomax.
-- pareho tayo sa mga yan!
At pano nangyare yung 16 whale sharks?! I'd love to try that too!

Catch said...

@eternal wanderer -no problem. i m really into dogs kasi. i was moved by your post.

@chyng - hahaha. i went skin diving with the whale sharks. 16 whale sharks from 16 different locations. not all at once.. lol

Aisa.Paxie said...

sino to? kilala ko ba?

Catch said...

@pax: si boybu... it's actually quite getting a bit stressful already...

Aisa.Paxie said...

hay nako. andali lang naman magusap ewan bat ang hirap for him. Sana umupo sha ang kausapin si joyceee nalang para mgkalinawan. Sayang naman sila andami nilang pinagdaanan pa naman na. Cge usap tau pagdalaw ko sa 6th. Minus the tequila! hehe