Wednesday, September 9, 2009

BOREDOM IS PRODUCTIVE

I am to meet a friend today in a coffee shop. We’re meeting because I promised her some time ago that I would fix her PSP game console and put some games in it. My friend used to work in the coffee shop but got reassigned to some other branch for what reason I don’t know. I got in the coffee shop at around 1 pm. There was really no set time in our meeting. In fact, it was through the baristas in the coffee shop that I learned that my friend wanted to meet me today. Being a frequent patron here, I just thought that my friend would probably show up at my usual time of staying - around 1 pm onwards. I frequent the coffee shop because I find it comfortable doing my review here rather than at home. I am preparing for some exam I have to take this coming October. Yesterday, before I found out that my friend wanted to meet me today, I decided not to do some review. I thought, since I didn’t pass on the weekend doing review which I usually do (weekends = free time), I deserved some time off. That was supposed to be today. Since that wouldn’t go as planned, I just thought I’d hang around instead in the coffee shop. I am here today and she is still not here. I asked the baristas if they were able to talk to my friend and they said she’d be off from her branch at around 5 pm. What the hell, I thought. I have nothing to do. I thought that I’d just do some review but my brain just wouldn't agree that I do so. Ha-ha, maybe my brain conditioned itself that today is supposed to be free time. I thought to myself, I’d just continue with my unfinished game in my PSP. Thinking that, I also remembered that I’ve been trying to finish the game for ages now but to no avail that I just decided not to. I could just not progress. So what am I to do? A bright idea dawned on me, I’d just write a blog. Ha-ha. I have written blogs before scattered throughout the different social networking sites that I have joined in but I’ve been wanting to start a blog in blogspot and do all my blogs therein. Now would be the time to start doing that, hence, this blog entry. Hold on, I thought to myself again. There is no free WIFI connection in the coffee shop. Well, nothing would stop me from this sudden urge to start my new blog so I asked the guard to watch over my stuff in the coffee shop while I go to the nearest telecommunications business center and buy myself a prepaid broadband kit. Ha-ha. Blogspot here I come. While I was installing my brand new prepaid broadband kit, I suddenly realized that I didn’t have to buy a broadband kit just to start a blog. I could just type a blog in Office Word and just upload it later at home. Too late I thought. Now, I am P1895 poorer. Another impulsive buy! Ha-ha-ha. Being the rationalizing type that I am, I’m hell sure to find reasons to justify my purchase so no worries. Right now, what’s going on in my mind is at least I’ll never be limited to just my home internet connection, vast online information is readily accessible. There! Justified. Ha-ha.

No comments: