Saturday, September 12, 2009

BACK IN THE GAME

just got home from the wake i blogged about recently. i finally decided to go. it was good that i did.

at around 10:30 pm last night i received a text message from a friend saying "i'll pick you up by 10:45 pm. see you." when i read the message, i must admit i felt kind of hesitant but there was nothing i can do anymore. my friend is on the way to pick me up. i thought to myself, it is now or never. i hurriedly prepped and went dashing down. i had time to buy myself an ice cream cone from the 24 hour convenience store across the street so i did, i thought this might help ease me down.

we got to the wake some time after. as i and my friend were walking towards the hall i felt my heart pounding. when we finally entered the door, i saw her. there she was standing and talking to some of our common friends. as we walked towards them, memories of all the good old days came flashing through my mind. hugs and exchanges of greetings went on and as my turn came to finally greet her, my eyes started to burn. as we hugged she whispered in my ear, "i missed you." there it was, tears dribbled down my cheeks. there was nothing i could say. i just hugged her really tight. no words were needed at the moment. that was all it took and then suddenly, it seemed everything was back to the way they were.

the night went on over stories and laughs. as everybody was exchanging stories, at the back of my mind i was saying, "damn, i miss this!" it was just like before. everything was familiar to me again. the feelings that i thought i've lost were suddenly fresh again. i felt everybody's relief of the reconciliation between me and my friend. new plans are now in order. hahaha. once again, the children of the sky are back in the game.

3 comments:

RJ said...

Huhmn! I bet, this post will definitely have a second part.

'Yon lang ba talagang nangyari nu'ng gabing 'yon?


---
Maraming salamat for visiting the The Chook-minder's Quill.

Unknown said...

its always a relief to be at peace with someone u have a misunderstanding with. good to swallow some pride. hehehe

btw. nice use of lens flare there. hehehe

Catch said...

@rj: hahaha... this blog is the 2nd part already. lol.

@trip: funny it took me a year and a half to swallow it. hahaha. talk about having a big ego. hahaha.