Friday, November 27, 2009

ENOUGH

i've been in hiatus for the past few days (im sick as hell). in doing so, i was made to ponder about things in life. as i was staring blankly at the ceiling, it made me think how much longer can i actually go on with being unemployed and solely depending on my savings.

reality wise, my savings is drastically depleting and i don't think it can suffice my over extragavant spending habits anymore. i will admit, i am a huge spender. i've always denied this fact to my mom and friends everytime they would tell me that i spend a lot. sometimes, i would get into arguments with my mom because she wouldn't agree on my spending habits. the funny thing is, i only realized this when i think it's a bit too late. as the saying goes, you will only see the worth of something once it's gone. you sure do. in my case - savings.

as much as i'd want to stop being impulsive, i just cant. i always tend to rationalize. it sucks. i've bought so many things that are now just covered with dust. i have clothes that i never got to use, shoes that ive used once, hats that were bought for the sake of just buying them, gadgets that make me think now why i even bothered buying them in the first place, and so much more. the thing with me is, if i see something i like or i think i need, i buy it. im getting sick of this habit. my friends even have this habit of setting a timeline for every new thing i acquire - whether it be a guitar, a keyboard, a skateboard,, a new cellphone, a psp, a camera, etc. they would usually give it two weeks before i get tired of it. most of the time, they are right.

so that you have an idea on how much i actually spend, my usual monthly credit card bill is around 15k  -  to 20k and my cash spending varies from 15k to as much as 50k a month. for someone unemployed, this is not tolerable.

i badly need intervention!!!!!!! is there a rehab center for overspending?!?!?

(come to think of it, this habit will soon be over since there is nothing to spend anymore. i shall glady embrace poverty with open arms! =/)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

the most practical thing to do is to sell the items or things u really dont need.

Catch said...

@trip - hahaha. actually, lahat ng barkada ko nag bibid na sa mga gamit ko.. hahaha.. relo, sapatos, pants, name it.. the thing is, binabarat nila ako ng sobra... hahahaha.. sabi ko.. tago ko na lang... presyong thrift shop ang gusto nila... hahahaha.. eh good as new naman mga stuff ko.. i've sold a few items though sa mga kaibigan na hindi barat.. hahahaha..

acheron said...

catch! pabili!

Catch said...

@acheron - hahahaha... ano gusto mo? may binenta ako na toywatch limited edition.. sayang di ko na offer sayo... si jeremy bumili yung bf ni maricar...