Tuesday, January 15, 2008

REPOST: A RECOLLECTION

it’s kinda funny how everytime when i feel most tired and just want to get a good night’s sleep do i always end up most roused. i’m starting to get this habit of pondering every bedtime and it kinda gives me a sense of pleasure and also a bit of frustarion. tonight, as i desperately try to knock myself to sleep, things from the past just keeps on hurling and hurling into my mind. you see, i just stayed the whole day on bed, getting off once in a while to do usual routines of life, reading a book a friend lent me. i finished at about 9 pm and thinking i could actually manage to read a new one, i frantically searched into my pile of books and got hold of another. i got to chapter 5 of this new book and felt sleepy so i decided to call it a night. i put down the book and got hold of my ipod and started listening to what i like to call my drift music (actually, it’s a digital recording of the ocean waves that run for about 2 hours). as i lay on my bed my thoughts have started to take up on me. i started to think about how life as a child for me was so simple and so innocent. i remember how shallow i was back then and yet i was satisfied. i remember how i used to climb on our roof with a mat clutched in my hand and spreading it just under the shade of a santol tree that covers part of our roof. i remember just laying there gazing up the sky and feeling happy. i also remember how i would climb our wall and actually tiptoe my way to it’s other end til i reach the part where my childhood sweetheart’s window is actually just overlooking upon me and just scream her name and she would actually peep from the window and we would talk. infact, there was this onetime that i actually fell on the otherside landing on their garden drainage. that sucked. i actually had to soap my self to death just to rid off the smell. as a kid, we used to have a treehouse. i remember inviting friends over there and we would imagine all sorts of things. happy memories were made there. i miss it. the games we played then were actually very physical, unlike now that the gameboy or psp has taken over. i remember running all over the streets in our neighborhood playing tag and hide and seek.those were actually the days. at sundown, i remember my mom, sometimes my dad, would call me and stop me from playing for supper. how me and my friends would bid each other goodbye and how we wished the day would never end. we would always look forward to the next day. i really had a nice childhood. thinking about it now actually makes me want to go back to that time. i guess all i can do now is just play it over and over in my mind like a stupid broken tape deck. i just love how it makes me smirk and giggle a little as funny memories hit my mind.

2 comments:

Aisa.Paxie said...

i had the best childhood EVER. childhood= our fun memories together. My best moments were always with you. Hindi ako nagdra2ma pero true! I missed our lazy weekend afternoons. Yung everynight I'll go to your store just to claim my free humpy dumpy ba yun? Basta yun! Yung nagsasayaw tau ng pizzicato five sa gitna ng road. OMG. hahaha.

Catch said...

hahaha.. those were the days.. yeah, i remember your free humpy dumpy and the pizzicato five dance production. hahaha... magandang gabi bayan nights, drama club, etc. hahahah. si nonon kasya pa sa ilalim ng octagon shaped table nyo. not anymore. hahaha